Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24, 2013: Muskegon to Clearfield, PA









I decided that I wanted to take a trip back to New York City, with a stop in Hoboken, NJ, in order to see the famous bakery, 'Carlos Bakery', from the TV show, 'Cake Boss'.     Also, I wanted to visit my friends, Matthew and Jocelyn Johnson and see the 9/11 Memorial.    

Money was tight for me, so I wanted to go as cheaply as possible.   I thought it would be fun to have a couple of friends come along on the trip.    My mom, Rose Carlson, Rhonda Collins, and I decided to take a trip together.    Rose was my roommate one semester at Western Michigan University.  We met Rhonda at the Hampton Court apartments when we were living there.

I sent out an itinerary to everyone with the places I thought were interesting to see.  

We left Muskegon around 7 a.m. and stopped at Cabelas and Russell Stover Candy in Dundee, MI.    Rose had never been to Cabelas, so this was a nice stop.

We drove about 540 miles to our first stop, which was in Clearfield, PA.   We stayed at the Comfort Inn, as suggested by my bus driver friend, Tim Shelton. 

As soon as I saw Clearfield, I remembered that it was the same city my Mom and I stayed in when we went on our last driving trip to NYC back in 2002.

Had dinner at Dutch Pantry and then took a drive around Clearfield.   I wasn't too impressed with the area, but it was a nice stop for the evening.
We found their little mall which had a Peebles Department store, Hallmark, and JCPenneys.

No comments: