Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24, 2011: 37th Birthday



Wow, I can't believe I am 37 yrs old today. Where did the time go?     In just one year, I will be the same age as my father when he passed away.    It was so nice to get on my facebook and see all of these wonderful "Happy Birthday" messages from all of my friends and family.     Wendy said that her girls still are wearing the necklaces every day. I bought them the necklaces on our camping trip a few weeks ago in Silver Lake.   That makes me happy that they enjoy them.

I bought a Ryke's butter creme frosting cake with Bavarian cream frosting to share with my co-workers.    It was as delicious as ever.

My mom and I went to Olive Garden for their never-ending pasta which was delicious. It was angel hair pasta with this alfredo sauce and sun dried tomatoes. Then, we went to the movie, "The Help" which was excellent. The movie was about the African American women in the 1960s who work as maids in the wealthier white families.  The lady of the house was quite snobby and treated the maid like dirt, even though the maid was the one who raised their children and cleaned their homes.  In the movie, one of the maids was fired.  The maid came back with a chocolate pie to apologize.  The lady of the house enjoyed eating the pie until she found out that the maid's shit was also in the pie.  That was hilarious!

Overall, I had a wonderful birthday.      









No comments: