Friday, August 12, 2011

August 12-14, 2011: Silver Lake with Gonyos, Klees, and Lawvers









One of my favorite memories growing up was going on the annual camping trip with the Gonyos, Klees, and Lawvers. I started going when I was 13 yrs old and have gone ever since.  They are all like an extended family to me.     We hadn't gone to Silver Lake in years, so it was nice to go here this year.    George, Marianne, Kim, Joy, Rayna, Rylee, Owen, Alex, Nathan, Harold, Cheryl, Skip, Jo, Chad, Kristen, Heather, Diego, Julian, Max, Chloe, Soleil, and I came on this trip.   On Friday night, we went to the go karts and then miniature golfing at Craig's cruisers. I didn't do the go kart, but I did do the miniature golf. I think the kids had a good time.    Heather and Diego didn't come until Saturday morning.  Harold and Cheryl had brought Julian along with them.  We all did our own thing on Saturday.  Kim, Joy, George, Marianne and I went shopping in Pentwater which was alot of fun. I got a necklace for Rayna for her birthday. I wasn't sure if she would like it, but when she opened it, she loved it and wore it the rest of the weekend.      It is always fun to sit around the campfire and talk. Chad said the road was tricky in Muskegon where you go from I-96 to US 31 north.   I totally agree with him that it is crazy in that area.    Of course, we did have s'mores.    You can't go camping without doing that.

On Sunday, George, Joy, Rayna, Rylee, and I went on the dune rides which were alot of fun.    I bought Rylee a necklace at the store.      We all had fun on the dune ride and got wet. Rayna got really wet when the jeep went in the water. It was so funny.  

No comments: