Monday, October 6, 2008

Obama Rally at Calder Plaza

On Thursday, my mother and I went to Grand Rapids early in the morning to see Obama speak. Of course, I was hoping we would be in the bleachers right behind him, like we were when Hillary came, but knew it would be real hard. I never saw so many coffee cups in the garbage cans while standing in line. There was tight security here. They checked your cameras, purses, and cell phones. Our umbrellas were taken from us until we were done. I didn't want to part with my umbrella that has a beautiful design, which I got in Florida. At first, we were by the red art in Calder Plaza, but couldn't see a thing. It never fails...there is always some tall dude in front of you. lol We kept walking more to the right and got a much better view of Obama. He did a great job. His announced that his 16th wedding anniversary was on Oct. 3rd and he bought a nice gift for his wife. I wonder what it was. A gal from high school, Anne Whittington, recognized me and said hello. What a surprise!

No comments: