Friday, August 5, 1994

August 5, 1994: Silver Lake

Arrived at Silver Lake State Park about 10 a.m. after a gorgeous drive on US 31.   I met Wendy's new boyfriend, Todd.   George, Marianne, Cheryl, Kim, Owen, Joy, and I went shopping in Pentwater while Wendy and Todd stayed at the campsite.  

Cheryl and I talked about the bicycle trip she and Harold took to Stowe, Vermont.    Heather leaves for California in 2 weeks.   Marianne's brother, Bob and his wife, Elaine, came by to visit and had dinner with us.   Then, we all went to watch the bikes and scooters on the sand dunes of Silver Lake.   George, Bob, and I walked up one of the biggest hills.   I made it to the top.   The view of the area was spectacular.  

After dinner, we went to see the sunset near the lighthouse.    We went miniature golfing.  

We went for hot chocolate and watched Kim and Owen on the go-carts.  
When we got back to camp, Heather, Dawn, and Harold arrived.      I slept in a tent tonight. It was 45 degrees and my feet were frozen.    This was the first time I had slept in a tent outdoors and probably my last time.  

No comments: