Monday, June 20, 2016

June 17, 2016: Saylor Golf Fundraiser







Today, many of us didn't have to go to work, but worked at the annual Saylor Golf Fundraiser held at Chase Hammomd golf course.   I was a little nervous about what I would do as it was my first one.  I was real happy when I found out I was paired with Jackie Hodges,  who was a good friend of Grandpa Thomas.  She lives down the street from where my Grandpa lived.  We filled bags for the participants and put them on the golf carts. Then,  Dan Stout Jr. drove us to the tee at hole 17.   We got an easy job. 
We got served hot dogs or hamburgers, chips, cookies, and pop for lunch.   Got ice cream mid afternoon and then steak, cheesy potatoes, and green beans for an early dinner.   They had a raffle and I won a beer cooler on wheels filled with tshirts and baseball caps.   I was thrilled to win something.  They gave fold up chairs to those who didn't win anything which was nice.   
We were done around 3 p.m. So I went home and took a short nap.
Then, we went to the Taste of Muskegon.  I was still full from the golf outting so I just got a slice of hummus pizza and a strawberry smoothie.   We met Shari Resnick down there which was nice.

Went to Barnes  and Noble and gave Josh one of the t-shirts and baseball caps I won.  He came over my house and we hung out.  Then, I stayed at his house that night.



No comments: