Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015: Heading to Washington D.C.

Mom and I decided to take an Orchard View Traveler's trip to Washington D.C. as neither of us had been there since we were in 8th grade.   The trip was $800 which is pretty cheap for transportation, hotels, some meals, and entrances into the tourist places.

We have 51 people on the bus and I am the youngest one.  

Had a nice lunch at the Cracker Barrel near Toledo, Ohio and then dinner at Ruby Tuesdays in Somerset, Pennsylvania.    We are trying to keep our meal spending as cheap as possible as neither of us has much money these days.   My car payment of $537 a month is killing me.  I'm hoping to refinance the car in a year or two.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn Hotel in Somerset, Pennsylvania.    The room is nice and they gave us free cookies, chex mix, and popcorn.  

No comments: