Monday, October 5, 2015

October 3, 2015: Maggie and Lunch with Aunt Charlene

For the past day, Maggie has been hiding under the bed and not eating.   I was so worried that she got pancreatitis again and that I would have to put her to sleep.     Took her to the vet and they checked her out.   The vet thinks she has arthritis or a muscle spasm as her back seemed to scrunch up when the vet checked her.  They are going to give her a steroid shot and some anti-inflammatory medication.  She will stay at the vet until we come back from vacation.

Then, went to Grand Rapids for a belated birthday lunch with my Aunt Charlene.  I wanted to go to Founder's Brewery and see my former co-worker, Josh Maitner's art that he submitted for Art Prize.   I saw his painting but we didn't eat there as it was a zoo there both inside and outside.   That is sure a big restaurant.   It's about a city block long.   My friend, Tony Dragel, who was my cube mate at my job in Chicago, said they sell Founders beer in the Chicago area.

I decided we should eat somewhere else so  suggested the City Market which I have always wanted to see.   We had some authentic tacos there and saw a wedding going on there upstairs,    We got some delicious cookies from the bakery that Steve likes.   We took the cookies home and had tea and great conversation.    

No comments: