Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 31, 2013: Halloween






I had been following the actress, Melissa Gilbert, on Twitter, who would tweet about watching the show "Breaking Bad". I also heard some people at work watch it, so we watched all of the episodes for several weeks on Netflix. It is a very addicting show to watch. The pilot first aired in 2008 and finished in the fall of 2013. The show received several Emmy Awards. I wanted to dress up like the main character, Walter White (aka Heisenberg). This character was played by the actor, Bryan Cranston. He did an excellent job portraying a geeky chemistry teacher, who was diagnosed with lung cancer, and started a meth lab out of an RV in order to pay for his cancer treatments. His side kick, known as Jesse, was pretty entertaining too.

 I decided I wanted to dress up like Walter White in his lab outfit, with meth in the bag. Well, it was actually blue pop rock candy. I had received the OK from our deputy director to wear the costume for Halloween, so bought all of the stuff I needed to transform myself into Walter. A few days before Halloween, my supervisor and I were called into the deputy director's office and shown this email that my coworker, Penny Boynton's son, had written to the County Administrator and the commissioners regarding my Halloween costume. I was furious that they would do something like this, especially since I had bought all of the items for the costume. So, of course, I was told I couldn't wear the costume to work, but I could have changed it to 'Breaking Good' and worn it that way, but I decided not to do that. I decided I wouldn't let the costume go to waste, so I dressed up in it and wore it for the girls I hang out with at Barnes & Noble. It was fun dressing up in the costume. I looked like the craziest man. The mustache itched quite a bit, too. 

For Halloween at work, I borrowed my coworker's angel costume and wore that instead of the Walter White costume.

No comments: