Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 6, 2013: Day at Sea








The day at sea has never been my favorite, as I have to think of what activities to do.  There is a daily itinerary for the ship, but some of the activities look boring to me.    I prefer to stop at ports and explore.   

All of us had breakfast together in the dining room, which was nice.    Last time I got eggs benedict, so I thought I would try something different.

After breakfast,  I went and got my Starbuck's coffee fix.   The Starbuck's coffee was about the same price on the boat, as I paid at home.  

Around 11:30, I got on my swimsuit and went with Marianne, Joy, Kim, and Wendy to the upper deck.   Kim and Wendy wanted to tan.    I wanted to go in the hot tub.   It was very windy up on the deck.   Joy and I went in the hot tub, until I saw it clouding over and decided to go back to the room.

There was another new policy on this cruise with regards to swimming towels.  You had to check out the towels and if you didn't return them, then you would be charged $25.   

I was bound and determined to find the chapel and the observation deck.  Joy came with me to find the observation deck.    We acted like we were on top of the world just like in the movie 'Titanic'.  

We all had dinner together in the dining room.   They got their fill of lobster tail.    I got prime rib, which was very good.

After dinner, mom and I went to see the show "Saturday Night Fever". The theater was packed.   It was excellent. Again, I wish the Gonyos' had seen this, as it was so good.   

We had to pack our bags and have them outside our room by 11 p.m. so we had to make sure we had what things we needed for sleeping and for the next day, as we wouldn't see our luggage until the next day.  

No comments: