Friday, February 1, 2013

February 1, 2013: Ft. Lauderdale













The drive to the Grand Rapids airport was pure hell for me. We had a snow warning. The roads were covered with snow and ice, so I drove about 45 mph all the way there. Meanwhile, the other drivers were zooming by me about 60 mph or more, which is ridiculous in weather conditions like that. It was nice to leave the snow and cold behind for a week.

First, we flew from Grand Rapids to Cleveland.  We had a nice plane ride into Ft. Lauderdale. It was very clear outside, so I could take some great pictures.

We stayed at the Bahia Mar Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. Once we got settled in, we started walking along the beach. I wore my Coach tennis shoes, but they don't have very good arch supports, so it made for a long walk. It was fun looking at the shops and restaurants. I mapped out the Chicos store on my smartphone, which was about 2.5 miles one way.   I thought we would never get there. We kept walking and walking and my feet were starting to hurt in those shoes. We ended up at the Galleria Mall and went to the shops. Of course, I had to buy something there in order to justify the long walk.

The walk back was even worse, as my feet hurt so bad. I felt like an old lady.

We stopped for dinner at this Italian restaurant called H20 which was very good. It was along the beach. It was a windy night out, though.  After dinner, we continued to walk back to the hotel.   When I saw the hotel, I was so happy to see it. I fell asleep in my clothes, as I didn't even want to get out of bed to walk to the bathroom.







No comments: