Thursday, September 18, 2008

Computer Frustrations

I am in the process of getting rid of things before moving to a new place in a couple of months, so had to disassemble my computer from the desk that I am selling and rehook everything up on a different desk I have. I had my TIVO hooked up wirelessly to my computer so I could download my TV shows to my IPOD. I also moved the router to a different computer and the internet just wouldn't work, even though I know everything was hooked up properly.

The problem was simple....antenna wasn't catching the signal and one of the cords was not stretched out to allow the information to send to the modem.

After a few cuss words, I finally got it all hooked up again. I decided to sell my own desktop computer which is 5 yrs old that I really don't use. I prefer the laptop as there aren't so many cords to hook up and I can use the laptop anywhere. Plus, I have a built in web camera on the laptop which is a nice added feature.

So, tonight I tackle my next project. I have to back up files and take off programs off the desktop to get it prepared to sell. Life is always interesting in the Gonyo household.

No comments: