Saturday, February 17, 2001

February 17, 2001: Sue, Ashley, and Sheila's Visit







Picked up Sue, Ashley, and Sheila at Union Station and showed them the Great Hall.  It was sunny outside, but mighty cold.  Took the brown line from Adams/Wells as Ashley had never been on the subway before.  Took it around the city and up north to Diversey.  Walked to my apartment.  They were tired out.  Ashley and Sue liked my apartment.  The first thing Ashley did was sit on my bed, hug my dolls, and say she was sleeping with Aunt Amy.  That was so cute.  She was by my side all weekend.  I was a mom for the weekend. 

Then, we had brunch at the Golden Nugget Restaurant on Clark St. Ashley sat next to me. Then, we took the bus to the aquarium.  We got off on Michigan Avenue to switch buses, but it was only going to the auto show, so we took a cab to the aquarium.  Ashley and I walked towards the planetarium so we could see the Chicago skyline. It was freezing outside.  Got some awesome pictures of the city and Ashley.  Then, we went inside the aquarium and saw the dolphin show.  We also went through the gift shop.  Took the bus to Michigan Avenue and walked over to Ed Debeviks for dinner. It was crowded there.  We had a 1 ½ hour wait.  Our food took awhile to come.  Ashley fell asleep for a bit.  Ashley liked the Beatles songs.  We came home and Ashley went to bed.  I did my monitoring as it was my weekend.

No comments: