Saturday, February 10, 2001

February 10, 2001: Auto Show with Nina, Nandesh, and Adenike

Went to the Thai Restaurant for lunch with Nina, Nandesh, and Adenike.   It was located on State Street near Delaware.  Then, we were by the John Hancock building so I told them we should go up to the top as it was a sunny day.  We went to the 95th floor and got a table next to the window and looked at all of the buildings.  It almost made me want to stay in Chicago, as I looked at the buildings and the city.  But, I knew that it was more of a fantasy world.  Then, we took the bus to the McCormick Place to see the auto show. 

This was Nina’s first bus ride in the city. We all sat in the back. Got to see some of the cars I was interested in buying.

Nina, Nandesh, and Adenike left before me. I really wanted this picture of me in this car with the background of the city. They didn’t want to wait in line. It felt lonely being the only one in the picture. I wish they had stayed to be in the picture.

On my bus ride home, I got back to reality. I took the #3 bus to Michigan/Wacker and then had to wait outside in the cold for the 151 bus. Finally, got on the bus and it was packed. A rude lady pushed her way behind me to get to the back and pushed me into this man sitting down. He got mad at me and then I told him loudly that he better talk to the woman behind me who so rudely pushed her way through. She mumbled something. The guy standing next to me agreed with me.

No comments: