Friday, December 15, 2000

December 15, 2000: IRI Christmas Party

I tried to get a hold of Ceylon all day about meeting me at the Christmas party at Navy Pier.    I ended up taking a cab to Navy Pier by myself hoping to meet up with her at the company Christmas party.     She didn't come to the party, which disappointed me.   I saw Wayne, his roommate, Glenn Brien, John McGee,  and Jeanette there.  I felt awkward at this party, as it was mainly couples.   At one point, I wanted to cry and just go home.   Then, I ran into Tony Dragel, who said the party sucked.    Other years, the parties were alot of fun.  Yolanda, Chris Blackwell, Wayne, etc. used to come, but didn't come this year.       Wayne said he was getting the laser eye surgery a week after me.  I stayed until the end of the party, as John McGee offered to give me a ride home.    What a blessing!      I was glad when I finally got home.       I went to the party, as I knew this was going to be my last Christmas party at IRI.

No comments: