Tuesday, December 19, 2000

December 19, 2000: Mom's Visit

Mom's train from Holland was canceled due to a terrible snowstorm.    Luckily, a guy going to Chicago offered to take the passengers in his van to Chicago.  My mom needed to come this day, as we were going to the suburbs the next day for my laser eye surgery.   Their van got caught in traffic near Chicago.   There had been an accident, so they had a long wait.  One of the ladies in the van was pregnant, which was not fun for her.   I picked up my mom at the train station, where he dropped them off.   She came to my work and got to meet my co-workers.    They were so amazed how she looked so much like me.   I showed my mom how to get to Marshall Fields Department store, so she walked down there.  After work, I met her at Marshall Fields.   We went for dinner at the Golden Nugget.   She loved their potato pancakes.   I was so nervous about the surgery tomorrow, so I didn't eat too much.

No comments: