Thursday, November 23, 2000

November 23-25, 2000: Thanksgiving Weekend

This was the first year that we celebrated Thanksgiving without Grandma Thomas.     Her job used to be to stir the gravy, but I took the honor this year.  We had a nice meal at Charlene's house.    On Black Friday, my mom and I drove to Ann Arbor to visit with the Gonyos.   We went to lunch at Dave and Busters which was fun.   We went shopping at Twelve Oaks mall.  Alex had his first haircut at JCPenneys. We got to see Wendy's house in Howell.  She had it decorated so cute.   

On Sunday,  Marianne dropped me off at the train station to go back to Chicago.  My mom drove herself back to Muskegon, but somehow got lost on the way to the outlets in Howell.    Some nice man offered to drive ahead of her so she could follow him. He was driving too fast and my mom was trying to keep up with him.  Well,  a police officer saw her speeding, so he stopped her.   She said it was worth it, as she found some nice things in the stores.

No comments: