Saturday, July 8, 2017

July 8, 2017: Concealed Pistol License Class





I'm on vacation for the next week.    Today,  I did something that was totally out of my comfort zone. I took a concealed pistol license class at Port City Pistol.  It was an all day class from 7:30 am until around 4:00 pm.    The first half of the day was the class instruction and the second half was learning how to shoot a gun for self defense.    I took the class with Josh, Krystle, and Chance.  I learned some important ways to protect myself in my home such as having a safe room to go to where you store your gun in case your home is broken into and your life is on the line.   Your last resort is to shoot the gun but if the bad guy steps into your home, then by law you have a right to protect you and your loved ones.  You should first call the police and leave your phone conversation on for dispatch to record what is going on.

When it got to the section of the class where we operated the 22 revolver,  I was quite nervous.  My group had Krystle, Chance, and I.   I learned how to load a gun and shot my first gun ever.   I was able to hit all 8 bullets on the 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper which was good.   The test was open book and the group worked on it.  We all passed the class and got certificates.    Josh was quite impressed with me for taking the class and going out of my comfort zone and managing my anxiety through it.    We all did very well in the class.

Also, I am pretty financially broke right now.  We lost the power to our house due to a storm a few nights ago and had to throw out the food in the refrigerator which makes me nervous as I didn't have any money until payday.  I sure do need an emergency fund for instances like this.

No comments: