Friday, August 22, 2014

August 22, 2014: Las Vegas












On Friday, August 22, Mom and I left for Las Vegas in order to celebrate my 40th birthday.   I sent a text to Kelsey on her birthday saying "Happy Birthday and that I was still in my 30's".  She sent me a picture of she and Charlene hiking at Cannonsburg.  She wanted to see the sunrise, but it was cloudy.

Our plane went from Grand Rapids to Denver to Las Vegas.  We stayed at the Hotel Paris.  The line to check-in to the hotel was ridiculously long.  I think we stood in line for about 45 minutes.  When we got to the room, my anxiety was quite high. I was in tears and thought I was going to die.   I had read in People Magazine about Robin William's suicide which was the worst thing I could have read. He was a great actor and comedian.   I took an aspirin and rested.

We went for dinner at the restaurant at the Eiffel Tower.  We ended up at a table by the window.   We were at the corner so we could see out both windows.  It was gorgeous.  The food was fantastic.   I would highly recommend this restaurant.  

Mom wanted to get tickets to see "Jersey Boys" as she heard it was so good, so we went to that show. It was a good show.   It was playing at our hotel.   Then, we walked down the strip towards the Venetian Hotel and got cannoli and lobster tail desserts from Carlo's Bakery.  I am in love with the Cake Boss so wanted to see his bakery and restaurant inside the Venetian Hotel.  We were surprised with how the women were dressed walking around the strip.   They wore super short sweater dresses that barely covered their booty and held alcoholic drinks.    This must be a sign of my aging attitude.  

We thoroughly enjoyed our treats from Carlo's Bakery.    

No comments: