Sunday, April 5, 1998

April 5, 1998: Glenn Brian

Glenn Brian, who worked at Information Resources, helped me with most of my moves around Chicago.     He charged me $220.  His mom lived in Michigan, so he came to Muskegon to bring some of my things back to Chicago.       I had bought a TV from Jennifer Lee, whose condo was in Printers Row (Wells & Harrison).    It was on the edge of a decent neighborhood and a shady one.   I left my mom in the car to get the TV.  I probably shouldn't have done that, but I didn't want the car towed.     My mom and I went back to my apartment on Dearborn to get more things to move. She couldn't believe how much stuff I had.       We got to the new apartment on Cornelia and unloaded.   We couldn't find a parking spot so ended up driving back to the Elm St. parking garage and parking it there.    By then, it was 12:30 a.m.   We hadn't eaten dinner. We ended up getting donuts at Dunkin Donuts, as that was the only place open.   Then, we took the 'El' back to my apartment.  We saw so many weirdos on the 'El'.     I never liked walking out at night around the city.    Both my mom and I were glad to get back to my apartment.  

No comments: