Tuesday, May 7, 1996

May 7, 1996: FMI

Went to one more workshop.   Afterwards, went to the wrap up meeting and each of us got a free t-shirt for helping out with the conference.    
Went around with Pauline to all of the exhibitors.   I got free greeting cards, 20 free magazines, free food, plates, cups, napkins, hotdogs, nylons, and a free Betty Crocker cookbook.    This was the best day to come to the convention, as this was when the exhibitors were trying to get rid of their products and you could stock up.

We left Chicago at 4 p.m. for Kalamazoo.    Then, I drove home to Muskegon.   On my way home, I was on I-96 going about 75 mph and a cop stopped me.   My stomach dropped.  I was honest with my answers. He asked where I had come from and I told him the Food Marketing Conference in Chicago.  He asked if I had received any tickets recently. I told him I got one for 5 over in 1992 and another ticket for having too many people in my front seat.  He started laughing.  He ended up giving me a warning.  

No comments: