Tuesday, June 20, 1995

June 20, 1995: Flight Home

We left Venice, Italy at 8 a.m.    We took a boat to the airport which was so strange to me.    Imagine bringing our luggage on a speed boat to the airport, instead of by car.     We took the airline, Alitalia, to Milan, Italy.    From Milan, it was an 8 hour flight to Newark, New Jersey.     My ears were really plugged on the flight home. My inner ears were draining which was very painful.   It was very miserable.      After this trip, Charlene bought me one of the best presents in the world.   They were ear planes.    You put these in your ears and they relieve the air pressure. I don't travel anywhere without them. I never want to experience that inner ear pain ever in my life again.   It was 100 degrees in Grand Rapids this day. 

This was a wonderful first cruise.   We all had a wonderful time.  Little did we know that Grandpa would be taking us on more cruises all over the world.   We were truly blessed.

No comments: