Saturday, July 1, 1989

July 1989: San Francisco and Muir Woods









Mom and I flew to San Francisco for our vacation this year.    We stayed near the Fisherman's Wharf.    We took a tour of Alcatraz which was quite interesting.  My mom and I got our pictures taken in Al Capone's cell.   We saw the Golden Gate Bridge.   

At the time, the show "Full House" was popular.  I saw the houses that were featured on the opening segment of the show, so I was quite excited about that.  

We took a cab down Lombard Street, which was the crookedest street in the world.    We took a bus trip to Muir Woods to see the large redwood trees. 

On this trip, I had my first Ghiradelli hot fudge sundae which was delicious.     We had stayed at a hotel nearby, so we were able to walk most of the places which was nice.     

No comments: