Saturday, July 30, 2016

July 30, 2016: Josh/Sleeping on the Beach








Today started out to be a relaxing day with getting my haircut at Salon 297.  Lynn fixed my hair from the perm I got a few weeks ago.  I'm starting over with growing my hair out into a bob cut.   I decided to sell our computer and the 46 inch TV in my bedroom to Betsy.   As I was playing with the computer,  I heard a car pull up in the driveway.   It was Josh. He had brought over my camping gear and a blanket of his to use for my beach sleepover.   I asked him if he would help me bring the TV to Betsy's apartment and he said he would if I bought him a mocha at Barnes.   Josh got to ride in my new Honda Civic.   I traded in my CRV for a Civic as I thought it would be cheaper and better gas mileage.    

We got both the TV and computer to Betsy's apartment and I set them up for her.    

Josh and I had fun listening to his playlist in my car.  I had to stop at the Honda dealership to give them a check.   The finance manager,  Lieschen, got to meet Josh.   It was funny when she said she had heard all about him.   He said he was building his own car.   

Then, Josh and I went to Barnes for a mocha and to Taco Bell for a late lunch.

In the evening,  I drove out to the cabins that my Aunt Charlene and cousin Kelsey rent for the week.  I wanted to sleep out on the beach as it was on my bucket list.  

Joe's girlfriend, Deanna, came.  LImda, Kelsey, Emma, Charlene, and I slept in the beach. Linda also had this on her bucket list.   We had smores and did sparklers.      Linda and I slept right by he water.  It was neat to look up at the stars and watch the shooting stars and planes.   I loved listening to the sound of the waves.  It was a little uncomfortable laying in the sand and I got a little cold.    It was a beautiful evening so I shouldn't haven't got cold.   

It is an experience I will never forget.   



No comments: