Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 24, 2016: Ludington State Park with Josh











Josh and I got a late start for our road trip.  I read all of the birthday wishes on Facebook which was so nice.  I received about 152 messages.

Josh and I went for lunch at House of Flavors restaurant in Ludington.  We split a Reuben sandwich and each got some Tennessee Toffee ice cream in a waffle cone.   
We got to the Ludington State Park and got a campsite.  It cost us $20. We were at site 207 A in Cedar Campground.  I had $44 in my pocket and had spent $20 on lunch so money was tight.

We walked the Skyline trail and then over to the dam.   We sat near the dam and watched the people and enjoyed each other's company.   

We went to the camp store and Josh asked if I would buy him the hiker patch for a gift.   Later on, I ended up surprising him with the patch.

Josh showed me how to use my Jetboil for making my food on the trail.  He brought jimbalaya, gumbo, etc.  

Then, we walked down to the lake and went swimming.  The waves were big.   We walked the beach holding hands and sat on a bench.  He put his arm around me.  I felt like I was in heaven.   
The sun was hiding beneath the clouds.   

Josh had to help me put up my tent as I had only put it up one other time.    We had some good conversations about hiking and the Appalachian Trail.    

Overall, this was one of my best birthdays.  I got to spend it with the guy I am in love with.


No comments: