Saturday, July 4, 2015

July 4, 2015: Abi & Lakeshore Art Show

My mom’s friend, Abi and her fiancé, Tom, came to visit us in the morning.     We had never met Tom so that was nice to finally meet him.   Mom, Abi, and Tom went on a walk on our trail.     After their walk, I gave them a glass of wine.    I had received several bottles of wine from my supervisor, who used to own a winery in downtown Muskegon.     She was trying to get rid of the bottles of wine from the business.
We went to the Farmer’s Market late in the afternoon and had pizza at Whistle Punk Pizza, which tasted delicious.   Then, we wandered around the Lakeshore Art fair, which we always like to do.     I saw a booth where you could do your own canvas art, so I paid the $5 and spent 45 minutes doing my own painting, which is something I have wanted to do.     Usually, the canvas painting costs about $35 at other places.   It is a larger canvas, though.        
Found a new spot to watch the fireworks this year.  I remembered driving down Grand Haven Road into Ferrysburg and turned by the fire department.  Went to the Ferrysburg side, across from the Grand Haven Coast Guard Station and watched the Grand Haven fireworks.    It was a great place to go, as you didn’t have to deal with the traffic jams after the show. 

No comments: