Sunday, July 28, 2013

July 28, 2013: Jasmine and Charlene - Grand Haven

 
 
 






 



Jasmine, my Mom, Maggie, and I took our morning walk on the trail.     I don't think Jasmine realized how fast Maggie can run on the leash.     She was like a speeding bullet.  
We made eggs, bacon, and bagels for breakfast and then got ready for our trip to Grand Haven.    We were going to go the cabin that my Aunt Charlene rents each year, but it was raining all morning, so Charlene decided to come with us to Grand Haven.
It was about 58 degrees and raining all morning.     We walked towards the pier, but decided to stop as far as the ice cream shop and then turned around.    Maggie was soaking wet.    I should have brought her rain jacket.
All of us had umbrellas which was nice.   We checked out the 'Must Love Dog' store, as well as the Blueberry Haven store.  Then, we looked at the cars that were on display at the car show.   We each picked out our favorite cars.   Jasmine liked the car with the flames on it.    I liked the purple gangster car.   My mom liked the old Cadillac.    Charlene liked the yellow car.

Enjoyed spending the day with my Aunt, Mom, Jasmine, and Maggie.     I love taking kids this age places.  I have done this over the years with Matthew Tomasiewicz, the Connor boys, my little sister, Brittanie, and now Jasmine.     I wish my second cousins, Devon and Emma had lived closer, as I would have done more with them when they were growing up.

We had hot dogs and mac and cheese for lunch.    I asked Jasmine if she would take care of me when I am in a nursing home and she said she would, but she won't take me to the bathroom.   I got quite a laugh out of that one.    

We worked on Jasmine's American Girl scrapbook added some photos from the weekend.       Then, we went back to her parent's house.     She saw the neighbor kids outside and ran over there.    But, she gave me a big hug just before I left.   

No comments: