Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 14, 2012: Best Buy and Barry Manilow Concert

I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of Geek Squad from Best Buy to come and mount our TVs on the wall.     They spent about 6 hours setting both TVs and the equipment up.    I didn't have my media console for the basement, as that was being delivered the next day, so the guy labeled all of the cords and hooked them up on the floor.   All I would have to do is unhook them and put the equipment in the console when I got it.      

They made several trips to the store to get different cords and such.      The technician programmed our remote controls so we could operate everything from one control which is going to be very nice.    

There was a problem with my sound bar in the basement.  The unit was engineered poorly so when the thicker cord was put on, it kept making the unit fall over.  We went to Best Buy to show them the issue and they couldn't believe it was made that way.  So, the worker said we could return the sound bar and get a different brand. I ended up getting the Samsung soundbar.  Best Buy would have to come out another day to install that equipment which was ok with me.

It was going to be fun to have a 55 inch TV to watch movies on.      I plan to have several movie nights once things get settled down.

In the evening, Betsy, my Mom and I went to see Barry Manilow perform at the VanAndel Arena.   We all had good seats.  He performed a nice show.   

No comments: