Saturday, August 21, 2010

August 21, 2010: Massachusetts and Vermont








We left Mystic, Connecticut early and headed towards Stockbridge, Massachusetts, to see the Norman Rockwell Museum.   We saw the downtown, which is featured in one of his Christmas paintings.    His studio used to be located behind the Red Lion Inn, but was moved to the land behind the museum.    He was meticulous about his studio.   Every night, he would clean all of the paint on the brushes and around the studio.       He enjoyed Coca Cola every day.      He was married 3 times in his lifetime.   Many of his paintings have a portrait of himself, his wife, or children in it.   



We stayed at the Stratton ski lodge in Vermont. It is a beautiful place in the mountains.    Our room was huge.   It had a living room, fireplace, kitchenette, and a separate bedroom and bathroom.   I had never stayed at a ski lodge before, as I don't ski.   I tried skiing one time and that was the last.   I could barely move my skis.   This was back in high school.    I think I would prefer cross country.  Then, again, I prefer no snow at all.   



There is a cute shopping area right across from our hotel. 



Our bus driver brought his keyboard with him and a bunch of us from the bus listened to him perform different tunes.   


No comments: