Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 17, 2010: Grand Rapids to Boston




Well, we just made it on the flight from Grand Rapids to Cleveland.  I think we were the last ones to board.   We left at 4 a.m. but I had forgotten that the route to the airport is different than years ago.   I fly every year, but usually my aunt Charlene drives, so I don't pay attention.   Charlene, what can we pay you to drive us next time at 4 a.m.?   ha ha ha     Anyway, we went the old route and in the dark, could not remember the streets to get there.  


Got to Boston around 9:30 a.m. Our baggage came out so fast.  I am simply impressed with the airport and how quickly our bags came out.    We are staying at the Hilton Hotel at the airport tonight.    By around 10:30, we were taking the subway down to State Street to start touring.


We took a trolley tour around the whole city and saw Charlestown, Beacon Hill, Chinatown, the financial district, theater district, etc.      We took a Harbor Cruise which was very nice. I highly recommend it.   
We saw the USS Constitution ship, but did not have time to tour it.


We had lunch at the Cheers Cafe and then had drinks at the original "Cheers" restaurant in Beacon Hill.   That was pretty neat.  


Walked over to the Prudential Building to the Skywalk on the 50th floor and saw the best views of Boston and Cambridge.     Wish we had more time to take a tour of MIT and Harvard.    


Tomorrow, we take a tour of other parts of Boston, Lexington, and then stay in Cape Cod for 2 nights.


I will have to include pictures tomorrow night, as the Hilton does not have free wireless internet from my room.   I was so excited to see they had public computers on the 2nd floor which are FREE.   I am so excited. 

No comments: