Friday, October 20, 2000

October 20, 2000: Visiting Grandma in Florida

Took the 8:35 flight from Chicago to Tampa to see Grandma.  George, Marianne, and Joy picked me up at the airport.   I was really happy to see them all.  I realized how thankful I was for my family and how glad I was at moving back to Michigan next year.     We had lunch at Sonny's BBQ, which was a big chain down in Florida.   It was so nice to see Grandma Gonyo. I gave her a big hug.     We sat and relaxed and had a nice conversation.

After dinner, Norm came over.   Grandma and Norm taught George, Joy, and I how to play Skipbo.   Of course, we couldn't stop playing until I won a hand.   

Being with family was wonderful.    I will always remember all of the food we have eaten together, the conversations, the TV shows we watched together, as well as the card playing.

No comments: