Sunday, August 20, 2000

August 20, 2000: Chris Blackwell/IRI

Today, my boss, Chris Blackwell, announced that he was leaving our department and transferring to CPG network.    He knew more about the Safeway delivery than anyone in the group.    He had been a real good boss and friend to me the past few years.    I will miss him.

Joe Idstein asked to have a meeting with me as he was concerned about Chris leaving.    Joe asked if we could put our past behind us, which I agreed to.   

Chris Blackwell, Tony Dragel, and Yolanda Thomas were the original group members of the retail database group when I started at IRI in May 1997.  Lilly Dunson, Josh Bulak,  and I started about the same time in 1997.   I enjoyed my time with all of them at IRI.  We had alot of fun both at work and outside of work.     We used to go out to lunch for each person's birthday, so I got to eat at all kinds of neat restaurants.      Ed Slivinskas and Jennifer Lovato came after that.    Lilly and I used to hang around them and have a good time.  Later on,  Jennifer and Ed got married.      Jeanette Walls joined the group.  Her twin sister also worked at IRI.   Bryan Kerr joined the group.     Lilly nicknamed him, 'Bean' as he used to look like the English character, Mr. Bean.     We called him by his nickname.     

I will never forget working with these people as long as I live. I hope to keep in contact with them.

No comments: