Sunday, August 2, 1998

August 2, 1998: St. Michael's Catholic Church

Grandpa, Mom, and I went to St. Michael's Catholic Church in Old Town.   This is where my mom's Aunt Elsie was baptized.     It was a gorgeous building.     We had ice cream at Ben and Jerry's on Armitage.

Then, we took the bus down to Graceland Cemetery to see where all of the famous people of Chicago were buried.  We finally found Marshall Field's stone.    My mom taught me the baseball song:  "Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowd, give me some peanuts and cracker jack, I don't care if we ever get back, for its root, root, root, for the home teams, for its a shame if we don't win for its 1, 2, 3 strikes your out at the old ball game."  I will never forget my mom teaching me this song on our walk back from the cemetery.

We took the cab back to Union Station so my Mom and Grandpa could go home. It was hard to see them go.

No comments: