Sunday, August 16, 1998

August 16, 1998: Blueberry Picking

Mom and I went to St. Francis de Sales for church service and sat next to Mrs. Kulikowski.  Went with Mom, Grandpa and Grandma Thomas to the chicken dinner at St. Thomas Church on Apple Ave.   It was only $6 for the meal.     Then, Grandpa and I went blueberry picking.    We hadn't done that in 2 yrs.  The weather was gorgeous.    It was a tradition every summer to go blueberry picking with Grandpa.    I was very picky about my blueberries. I only picked the big berries. Grandpa pulled the berries and all from the tree.  It took me alot longer than him to pick a bucket of blueberries, but mine looked the best.   We always laughed about that.

Got back to Grandpa's house and Grandma had made us blueberry pie for dessert.    When I got home, I went and visited with John Colella, who lived 2 doors from us on Lawnel. He said Chicago seemed to be agreeing with me.   I continued my walk over to Patty and Matthew's house. I learned that Patty's husband, Jeff, lived in Chicago for 3 years.   

No comments: