Saturday, June 27, 1998

June 27, 1998: Jimmy Buffet Concert



It was so hard to sleep last night as I was so excited about going to the Jimmy Buffet concert.    Shawn Young and I wore our Hawaiian shirts.  We rented a car and drove out to Aurora to Naperville to one of Wayne's friends house for a pre-Buffet party.   Greg lived on Eagle Street near Washington St (Jewel Osco) in Naperville.     Greg's house had a pool so we put our feet in the water to cool off. It was 95 degrees today.   Wayne's friend, Lisa, was at the party. I had met her at the Halloween party in 1997.   She said it would be fun to live in the city, but hard to not have a car there.   She was working at Amoco, but that temporary job had finished, so she was looking for a new job.   Shawn and I jumped in the pool with our clothes on.   Then, we went to Jewel Osco to fill up the coolers with beer and ice.    The bus met us there.    There were 30 of us that went to the concert.   

The Jimmy Buffet concert was at the World Music Theater in Tinley Park.  There were about 100 buses there and 20,000 people.   I tried my first and my last cigarette experience there.    Shawn was laughing so hard at me, as I had no idea how to puff it right.  

I got on Wayne's shoulders so I could see more.    I tried 3 more cigarettes.   Wayne looked at me and smiled saying 'Gonyo is smoking'.  I had so much fun singing and dancing.   Shawn and I held onto Wayne's shirt so we wouldn't get lost from him.   We got back on the bus and got back to Naperville around 1:30 a.m.  Had to sit on Greg's lap on the car ride home. He seemed to enjoy that, but then again, he was drunk, too.   Got back into the city around 2:30 a.m.  

No comments: