Friday, June 12, 1998

June 12-14, 1998: Mom's Visit

My mom was at home to greet me which was nice.  We went to the Lands End outlet and Pier 1 Imports on Clybourn.   Then, we walked to Leona's Italian Restaurant at Belmont/Sheffield.    I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful mother to hang out with.  

On Saturday, I made my mom this breakfast casserole and banana bread.    She liked my chocolate no-bake cookies, too.  

We walked over to the Old Town Art Fair. Then, I got my hair cut at Hair Cuttery on Diversey/Clark. It only cost me $10.    Then, we went to the Wells St. art fair and had lunch at Johnny Rockets. 
Went shopping at Water Tower Place.  

We went to Navy Pier and rode on the ferris wheel.  Of course, we got popcorn from the famous Garrett's popcorn and then went to the movie, '6 Days, 7 Nights' starring Anne Heche and Harrison Ford.    My bible study leader, Nancy Heche, was able to go to the premier, with her daughter, Anne Heche.

On Sunday, we went to Park Community Church. My mom finally got to meet Nancy Heche.  

In the afternoon, we took Metra out to Hinsdale.  My mom's friend, Mary Lou, had driven my mom to Chicago on Friday and then went out to Hinsdale to visit a friend for the weekend.   So, we were meeting Mary Lou in Hinsdale so my mom could ride back to Michigan with her. 

No comments: