Saturday, January 31, 1998

January 31, 1998: Ice Skating in Chicago

Diane, Amy, Kathy, Beth, and I went to Mitchell's Diner which was near Park Community Church.  It reminded me of the 'Seinfeld' show diner from the outside.   The weather was gorgeous.  Then, Shawn and I walked down Dearborn St over to the ice skating rink on State St.   I hadn't gone ice skating in years.   The last time I went ice skating was with Connie and  Kim Daugherty at L.C. Walker Arena.  

Rented skates for $3 and went out on the ice rink.  I was surprised I was doing pretty well at walking on the ground on skates.  Got on the ice and stayed near the wall as I was scared to skate.   There were tons of people skating fast and racing.    I got around the rink 3 times without holding on the wall.   It was pretty neat ice skating on State Street surrounded by all of the buildings.     Marshall Fields was across the street from the rink.   Then, Shawn and I went to the 'Brew N' View at the Vic' on the corner of Belmont and Sheffield.  We saw 'She's so Lovely'.  They served beer here so that was cool.   Next weekend, they were having Chris Farley night.

No comments: