Friday, January 23, 1998

January 23, 1998: Dennis Rodman's Restaurant, "Illusions"

Lilly Martinez Dunson found out the other day that someone had free passes to Dennis Rodman's restaurant called "Illusions" which was near Planet Hollywood.  So, I asked for several tickets, so a bunch of us from work went after work.

Jennifer Lovato and Ed Slivinskas went in Jennifer's car.  Tony Dragel, Wayne Onak, and I rode in Tony's new jeep.    We drove by America's Bar, which Wayne had gone to before.  

We were surprised at how classy Illusions was.  We sat at this round booth.   They served us free food from 6-9 p.m. We watched the Bulls game and talked about stupid things we've done.

Wayne rented a bus for his friends and charged them $20 for all you can drink beer.  Then, Wayne and I took a cab up to Fullerton/Halstead to this bar that had all you can drink for $20.  His roommate, Greg Castady, had found out about it.    We got one of the last tables.   By 1 a.m., we were pretty toasty and dancing to the band.   We saw some other IRI coworkers there.    Wayne and some others took me home in the cab.   When we got to my apartment, Wayne got out and asked if I needed him to stay at my apartment.   I liked the idea, but figured it was up to him.   Then, he said he thought I would be OK.  
That was hilarious.

No comments: