Saturday, December 27, 1997

December 27, 1997: Old San Juan







In the morning, I walked down the street to check out New San Juan and walked on this pier behind the convention center.   Then, I walked back to our hotel. Charlene found a great place to take pictures. We went outside behind the hotel where there was a hammock.  I sat in the hammock and she took a picture.  It was so relaxing sitting in the hammock.   At 12, we took the shuttle to our boat.    It took about an hour to get to the port.    Charlene and I got our picture taken together before boarding the ship.    Charlene stayed in Grandpa and Grandma's mini suite.   Charlene and I took a quick look at the boat before getting off and exploring Old San Juan.  

Charlene and I took a little trolley around Old San Juan and then walked up to the famous fort. The grounds there were huge.  There was a neat cemetery next to the fort that had all white gravestones.   The Catholic Church was white, too.    We did a little shopping and got back on the boat.   The rest of the family came around 5:30.    We had dinner at 7 and watched a Puerto Rican dancing show.

No comments: