Thursday, July 7, 1994

July 7, 1994: Chicago Trip



Mom and I took the Amtrak train from Holland to Chicago for our summer vacation.    We got to Chicago around 10:30 a.m.  The past few days, I have had to do step aerobics in gym class and my legs were not used to it.    Anyway, I had a hard time walking around Chicago as I hurt one of the muscles pretty badly.    

We stayed at the Rafael Hotel on Delaware St.     We had a gorgeous room with a mini bar.    We took a Gray Line Tour of Chicago.    We went shopping at Navy Pier.  

We went for dinner & show at "Tommy Guns Garage".    We were greeted by a man dressed like Al Capone with a gun.   He asked us for the password. The password was "oil change".    During the entertainment, they took my mom up on stage. It was so funny.  She got 2 free tickets to Al Capone's museum and a bullet that whistled.

No comments: