Wednesday, June 2, 1993

June 2, 1993: Commencement Day









I got up at 7:30 a.m. and took mom to work.    Voted yes for Proposal A for 6% sales tax used for schools and the extra 2% would go towards the students in every school district ($4800 per student).    Then, went to Great Lakes Ford to look at cars. All of them were over $10,000.  

Sue picked me up at 12:15 to go to our rehearsal for commencement at LC Walker Arena.   I sat next to Jennifer Geiger and Stacy Gosma.   

When I got home, I saw that Jeff had taken down Eric and Matthew's swing set that had been up for 16 years.    

Sue picked me up at 7 for our Commencement ceremony.    We got our caps and gowns on.    I walked with Chris Gerling to our chairs.     I was so nervous as I walked on stage to get my high school diploma.  

Jayme Whitby, Sarah Meisch, and Meghan Houle gave good speeches.  They said to work hard and that effort always brings a reward for it.  Also, don't ever think your goals can't be met, because they can.   It doesn't matter how smart you are, how your grades are, but what does matter is how you apply the things you know throughout your life.    Each one of us shapes the way we are and helps us throughout life.

Mom, Grandpa and Grandma Gonyo, and Grandpa and Grandma Thomas came to the ceremony.    Andrea Erwin and Jessica Walsh screamed my name when I walked across the stage to get my diploma. 

I got a big hug from Chris Papp after the ceremony.  Cate Freisleben came up to me and hugged me, along with Matt Johnson, Cheli Sibley, Sue Arnouts, Bob Hunt, and Jenni Krybez.   

Our class gift was money for an endowment.  

No comments: