Sunday, June 14, 2015

June 14, 2014: From Concert to Moving Upstairs

I didn’t plan for the day to turn out the way it did.     Becky and I were supposed to go to the B-93 Birthday Bash, but it was cancelled due to the flooding.     They had a lot of the past few days.     I had my parking pass which cost me $60 for the 2 days. Luckily, my friend Missy Gallegos gave me $30 as she used it yesterday.   Missy said that at one point they had to tell the crowd to go back to their cars as the rain was so bad.     Missy wore some cute beige shorts which got all muddy at the concert.   She said she had fun, but the people there were quite crazy. She didn’t think she would go again.


On Thursday, mom and I moved the twin bed back downstairs as I felt bad that she had given me the master suite.  Well, mom decided she liked that twin bed and wanted it back, so that started a day of moving.  Becky and I picked up her step-daughter, Jazzy Stowe, in Grand Haven and we all helped with the move of all of the furniture from downstairs upstairs.  We put my downstairs sofa in the 4-season room.     Brought the twin bed upstairs to what was the office.     Moved my clothes back upstairs to the master suite.       Moved the entertainment upstairs to the living room, as I was going to have the 55 inch TV remounted in the living room and then put the 46 inch TV in the master bedroom.   Becky had me send pictures of some of the furniture I was selling to her mom, who said she would buy most of it.   Luckily, our neighbor, Mr. Labash was outside in his golf cart, so he and another guy brought the entertainment center from downstairs on the golf cart and brought it up to the front door.     The Lord is always at our rescue.   We worked most of the day moving furniture all around.   They were all a big help.   I bought us pizza from Dominoes. Becky, Jazzy, and I went to the movie “San Andreas Fault” which was pretty exciting.  Like I said, what started out to be the day to go see a concert, ended up to be a completely different day.

No comments: