Sunday, February 1, 2015

February 1, 2015: Day at Sea

Between  the 1850's and the 1950's, millions of European immigrants sailed across the ocean to start a new life.   With the growing demand, shipping companies began building faster, more spacious vessels.  Then, in 1870, the Oceanic raised the bar altogether, adding electricity and running water to its list of lavish amenities.   Ocean travel has come a long way since.

We watched a group of passengers start to learn Michael Jackson's "Thriller Dance", which they planned to perform for everyone on the last night of the cruise.  It was fun to watch them learn the moves. I probably should have joined in, but knowing me, I am not the most coordinated person.

Went shopping in the stores on the ship. I wasn't too impressed with the shops on this ship, nor was I impressed with the other activities, like the ones on the other cruises we have been on.    

We all went for drinks before dinner.  I tried to get the drink of the day so I could get the glass.
Each drink was $7.95.

Went to watch the Superbowl game, which they aired in the main theater.   The New England Patriots played the Seattle Seahawks.   The room was crowded.  They served the traditional football foods such as wings, nachos, and hot dogs.


No comments: