Thursday, July 2, 1998

July 2-4, 1998: Amtrak

Work got out at 3 p.m for the July 4th holiday.   Wayne was going to Vegas tonight.    I sat in the Great Hall at Union Station waiting for my Amtrak to depart.   


On Friday, I went to visit Grandma Gonyo. She now has the Tom Selleck poster that Pauline liked on the back of her bathroom door.   Then, mom and I went to the Muskegon Art Fair.   Mom showed me her new office at CMH in the old Baker College campus on Apple Ave.    Then, we went to Frosty Oasis for ice cream.   

Then, I went to Lisa Micka Boersema's new house.  I went with her to Dukes Bar on Broadway and we visited with Crystal McWilliams.  Crystal was a bartender there.  

Talked to Patty on the phone.  Found out that Matthew and his half-brother were playing with a BB gun and one pellet hit the tree and bounced back and landed just below Matthew's right eye.   

On Saturday, July 4th, mom and I drove to Grand Rapids to see Kelsey and Matt's new daughter, Emma Denise Vanzanten.  She was born on June 30th, weighing 6 pounds, 8 oz.     Devon was holding Emma which was so cute.   Then, we went to visit Steve and Charlene.  They had gone to Vegas, Sedona, and the Grand Canyon.  

Got a phone call from Kara inviting me to her house to go swimming in their pool, so I went over there.   After that, we went with Grandpa & Grandma Thomas to Jack and Jill Ranch in Rothbury.   I thought the golf course was beautiful.    Grandpa showed us his favorite place to golf.   The owner let us each take a golf cart and drive it around.   That was so much fun!   I wanted to drive it forever.    Then, we all had dinner at this Italian restaurant in Montague.  

No comments: