Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 13-14, 2010: Lakeland and Plant City

Mom and I flew on Allegiant Air from Grand pids directly to St. Petersurg airport.    
It was nice to not have a layover anywhere. The plane was completely filled. 

Once we got to St. Petersburg, we got our rental car and drove down to Ruskin, which is about 45 minutes southeast of St. Pete.  We had dinner with my mom's friend, Abi, and her boyfriend, Bernie.

We went to find my mom's friend, Gloria's, mobile home, where her brother and sister-in law were staying for a month.   Judy and Stan were home so they showed us around.  We also took a walk to the lake, Lake Manatee.

We got to Grandma's around 8 p.m. and stayed and visited.  Grandma just had surgery so she wasn't feeling up to par Saturday night.  I always enjoy chatting with Grandma and Norm.

Today, mom and I drove around Lakeland, FL as that is where we were planning to 
move about 1 1/2 yrs ago.   I really like the area. There are alot of lakes there. We found Lakeside Village which is a shopping center on highway 586.   We went to Starbucks, Talbots, and Chicos.

Then, we went to Plant City to the Strawberry Festival.   Traffic was terrible. We had delicious strawberry shortcake from the local catholic church that sponsors this tasty treat.

Sara Evans, the country music star, performed in the afternoon. She sings 'Suds in the Bucket' and other tunes.
After the concert, we found her touring bus.    I peeked through the gate like a paparazzi that I am and got a couple of pictures of Sara and her husband. 
Then, headed back to Zephyrhills to visit more with Grandma and Norm. 
Grandma looked much better today.   I love seeing her!

No comments: