Sunday, April 29, 2001

April 29, 2001: Grand Rapids to Chicago-Move #2

We left early to try and get a big van from the Kent County airport, but they didn't have one.    So, we went to the U-haul in Grand Rapids and had to wait 30 minutes for them to open.    When they opened, they said they couldn't rent out any vehicles until they saw what vehicles were dropped off the day before.   By then, I was panicking.   We went up to the clerk and he said he had one 17 ft truck left.  I was so relieved.   He gave us a 20% discount. It required a $400 security deposit, in which part of it would be reimbursed when I returned the vehicle.  

Jim drove the U-haul back to Chicago.  I called Glenn and he came to help us move the furniture.  Both Jim and Glenn were blessings for me with this move.    Glenn Brien was leaving IRI in 2 weeks.  He would be working at a company in Bedford Park.    Glenn helped me with all of my moves around Chicago.   

Everything was packed onto the truck.   We got back to Muskegon around 10 p.m. and unpacked.   Jim drove the U-haul back to Grand Rapids and I drove his car there.   It was truly a blessing to have such wonderful friends who helped me out.   

No comments: