Thursday, June 15, 2000

June 15-17, 2000: Charlene & Steve's Visit to Chicago

Charlene and Steve came Friday night to stay at my apartment located at 553 W. Oakdale, Apt. 209.   Charlene went to sleep early, so Steve and I took a walk down the street to get ice cream.   We sat on a bench and had a nice conversation.    I think that was the first time I had been able to talk with Steve, without a bunch of others around.    

On Saturday, Charlene, Steve, and I went to get coffee/hot cocoa at Seattle Coffee.  Then, Charlene and I had breakfast at Panera Bread which was right near my apartment.    We had a nice conversation.  She said don't ever settle for a man, as many of her friends did that and have had a life of misery and regret.   She said God will find me a good man at the right time.   

She said she and her friends had a slumber party in Washington D.C.  I thought that was pretty cool. 

Then, I showed Steve and Charlene around my neighborhood.   We browsed around Cost Plus and the toy store on Broadway.   Then, they got dressed for her nephew, Brandon's wedding to Carolina.   Their wedding was going to be at the same church that Lilly Dunson got married at.  

After the wedding, Kelsey and Matt came to my apartment.  They really liked my apartment. It meant so much to me that they came to see my place.   Then, they all went to the wedding reception.  Kelsey said I gave her good directions to her hotel.

On Sunday, Steve and Charlene left for Door County, Wisconsin.  I was sad to see them go.

No comments: