Friday, May 28, 1999

May 28-29, 1999: Joy's Visit to Chicago

My cousin Joy took the train from Ann Arbor to Chicago to spend the weekend with me.    I met her at Union Station and then we took the Metra train out to Downers Grove to my apartment.   We went to the IKEA store and to Pier 1 Imports.   I got my living room chair at IKEA and this fountain and stand at Pier 1 Imports.    Joy and I ate at Dave and Busters off of I-355 on Lake St.    When we got back to my apartment, we worked on putting together the chair and stand.   

On May 29,  I took Joy to Information Resources so she could see where I worked.   We went shopping on State St and had dinner at Ed Debeviks. I took her to Navy Pier.
Then, we went to this Female Impersonator show which was hilarious. Yolanda and Lilly had told me about this place.     There were alot of bachelorette parties going on here.    One of the guys dressed up as Cher. Joy and I laughed so hard.  

No comments: