Thursday, December 31, 1998

December 31, 1998: New Years Eve

At work, Joe mentioned something about getting together for New Years Eve and going to Baja Beach Club.   My roommate, Dawn, from college was coming to visit me for the New Years, so I asked her if she would like to go.    I was glad when she said she would go.    Dawn and I went for dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and then headed up to Vernon Hills to get Joe.    We visited with him for about an hour and then all of us went to the Baja Beach Club.   Joe and I did the grind dance to 'Touch It' and Will Smiths, 'Welcome to Miami'.    We counted down to 1999 and then all kinds of confetti and beer was thrown on us.    Then, we sang the Prince song, "1999".    We went back to his parents house and played cards.   When Dawn and I drove back to my apartment, she remarked at how flirtatious Joe was.      Little did I know that Dawn and Joe would fall in love and get married in 2001.     The friendship between Dawn and I was pretty much ruined after this.     They ended up getting divorced in 2006.

No comments: