Saturday, October 3, 1998

October 3, 1998: Joe's Visit



It was a glorious day today.   I went to pick up Joe from Union Station.   He was dressed so fine.     He had on his black jean baggy pants and white Bosse polo shirt.   We walked along Canal St over the bridges.    We walked down Madison to State and over to Randolph St to the Garrett popcorn.  The popcorn machine caught on fire and one of the workers had to extinguish it out.    Then, we walked down Michigan Ave and I showed him my old apartment on Dearborn.  Then, we walked down Elm St to Lakeshore Dr, through Lincoln Park, and down Clark to my apartment on Cornelia.  He said he wanted to walk. He was exhausted when he got to my apartment. I was used to walking far distances, so it wasn't as big of a deal.    He got a kick out of my bunny slippers.

Showed him around my apartment.  We sat in my room and played double solitaire which was fun.   Then, we took the 'El' to the Chicago stop and had dinner at Joe's Crabshack.  On our 'El' ride, a couple got on at Fullerton and started fist fighting.  It scared me.  Joe said he felt like he was on the 'Cops' show.   

We went back to my apartment and he showed me tricks with my hands.   He remembered I was ticklish on my back.  I never laughed so hard.   We watched the movie 'Dark City' which confused us.   We watched Saturday Night Live and Abbott and Costello.  

Then, it was time for him to take the train back.  We took a cab back to Union Station.  

No comments: